So one of the projects I give to folks that I disciple is to memorize scripture. This can be done in one of three ways:
- The book of Deuteronomy
- The book of Matthew or
- Know what each chapter is about in the Torah or Gospels/Acts
I have decided to begin memorizing for myself the Gospels/Acts chapter by chapter. So here is my ‘sentence’ for each of the first 4 chapters. [Note: I made them in such a way that I can remember the most about the chapter as possible.] See if you can follow my thinking:
- Forty-two announcements of Immanuel according to Joseph.
- Too wise men send the family on vacay to Egypt while Herod fills the Nile…then off to Nazareth.
- The stylish voice of John the B meets Jesus and his proud Father.
- Jesus and The Satan play dress up as David and Goliath before Jesus gets to work with four of his bros; everyone lives happily ever after.
You picking up what I’m laying down? I believe this to be an invaluable process for knowing the Text. I’ll post more of my ‘sentences’ here as I go. Want to join in? Post your sentences.
Love to hear from you.
3 thoughts on “42 Announcements…”
I think that is the best summary of the first four chapters in Matthew I’ve ever read.
Thanks, George, but you still need to do your memorizing! 😉
Very true, maybe one day we can connect and talk about that and other disciplee/discipler stuff 😉