It seems to me that Sabbath was made with us introverts in mind. A sunset to sunset of rest.
As a church planter my weeks are filled with meetings, introductions, hosting, smiling, talking, teaching, networking, coffee, gatherings, events…
I find myself crawling towards Sabbath.
My workweek mindset:
- Sunday is tóhu vavóhu (what can I say we’re a church plant).
- Monday damnable Monday.
- Tuesday – wait, it’s only Tuesday?
- Wednesday I begin seeing the light (or sunset) at the end of the tunnel
- Thursday – wait, it’s only Thursday?
- Friday is watching the clock tick towards the tranquility of Sabbath.
- Sabbath, Sabbath, Sabbath
- Rinse and Repeat!
As much as I love my Sabbath practices, I always need to be very careful that I remember the purpose of this Sacred Time.
To the biblical mind…labor is the means toward an end, and the Sabbath as a day of rest, as a day of abstaining from toil…
View original post 141 more words